- ABOUT US
- DISASTER SERVICES
- CONTACT US
Time is running out to nominate a deserving volunteer for the Volunteer Louisiana Champions of Service Awards. Nomination deadline is January 18, 2018.
In 2018, Volunteer Louisiana will celebrate its 25th Anniversary and the legacy of national service and volunteerism in Louisiana. On Wednesday, April 18, 2018, in conjunction with National Volunteer Week, Volunteer Louisiana and Lt. Governor Billy Nungesser will host the Champions of Service Awards Gala. Volunteer Louisiana is currently seeking nominations for outstanding Champions of Service statewide.
What is a Champion of Service?
A Champion of Service is someone who has demonstrated compassion and dedication, leadership and initiative, or innovation and creativity in addressing community challenges and serving others.
Who is eligible to be a Champion of Service?
A Champion can be any person, group, or business that has made an outstanding contribution to their community. We will recognize one Champion of Service from each of six geographic regions throughout the state. We will also recognize an AmeriCorps champion, Senior Corps champion, and corporate volunteer champion working to improve the lives of Louisiana citizens.
What are the Nomination Guidelines?
· All nominations must be submitted online or via mail, and received by 11:59pm on January 17, 2018.
· Nominees must be residents of Louisiana.
· Nominees must be submitted by a third party; no self-nominations will be accepted.
· Nominees will be reviewed by a panel of Volunteer Louisiana Commissioners and staff, Volunteer Louisiana Foundation members, and external volunteers. Awards will be announced no later than February 10, 2018.
· Award winners will be invited to attend the Champions of Service Gala on Wednesday evening, April 28, 2018, in Baton Rouge, LA. Travel and hotel accommodations will be provided for award winners.
Click here to nominate a Champion of Service today!